The Asian Forum, organised by the Provincials of Asia, was conceived two years ago. It brought together Sisters of Asia from the four provinces of Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. They gathered in Bangkok from 7th to 9th November 2016. The aims of the Forum were:
- to get to know each other better and build bonds as IJ Sisters in Asia.
- to listen to God’s call to inculturate our Charism in Asia, keeping in focus our prophetic role in Asia today in the 21st Century and beyond.
- to look at new ways to respond to the calls and challenges of today and to see together the way forward in our collaboration in mission and the sharing of resources, to cross boundaries or even coming together as one in our response since we share the same vision and heritage.
- to collaborate together on joint projects e.g. formation and mission.
- to look at new forms of membership.
- to look at our interconnectedness and collaboration with our lay partners in mission.
To read more about the Forum click here.